Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Nightly Typings

what is happiness and how do we achieve it? That is the question I have recently been faced with as I go forward in my life. Is happiness an ever evolving ever moving aim that changes as we grow older or do we know deep down what will make us happy we just get too distracted by the noise of the world around us. What if in our search for happiness we become enveloped in sadness and despair? I feel like for the most part I am a pretty happy go lucky person, but recently I have the ever increasing feeling that happiness does not have as strong a hold over my life and that I am failing to grasp at the way it is evolving. Is this a normal feeling to have. I mean when you honestly think about it when we are young we have very little to worry about and very little responsibility so why not be happy most of the time, but as we grow older were are bombarded with worry about the future our lives will take, who we will be and how the choices we make today will effect us for the rest of our lives.

But is all this stress really the cause of our unhappiness solely or can we break free to a world of happiness by just changing our attitude about the things we are going through. How much of our happiness depends on the state of our mind and how we chose to view the world? Is it my mind taking over with negative thoughts and feelings that is the real problem at work or am I just coming to the realization that something in my life should or needs to change?

We all just want to be happy and have our dreams come true, but how do we do that when we feel like our life does not seem to be leading us down the path we want to be on. how to we make the right decisions when we have expectations placed on us by others and commitments to other people?

I guess my real question is how do we be happy in a world that does its best to tear us down and make us feel insecure about ourselves and our lives? I just can't remember when it all changed. when my carefree happy life turned into something that seems dark and bleak. Or was it ever as happy and carefree as I thought? Do we look back on the past more fondly than truly was the case? and if so are we able to do that with our present and future as well?

How do we live a happy life?  

No comments:

Post a Comment