Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Friendships

"Tell me who your friends are and I will tell you the kind of person you are". I have gotten these words of wisdom from a fortune cookie, clearly the source of any great life advice, but if you really think about it your friends can have a huge impact on your life and the person you become. They are the people who you choose to help enrich your life and they are the ones you can truly be yourself with. I personally do not know what I would do without my friends they are always there for me and I hope they can say the same about me. They listen to all my trials and tribulations, hear my beautiful sounding off key singing and accept my pink obsession, even when I leave the house wearing a full pink outfit.They help to make me laugh when all I want to do is cry and I always have good memories to share with them whether its imaginative bedtime stories, watching Law and Order SVU together screaming Elliot, singing Taylor Swift, laughing at things only we understand or taking random trips to Boston on a whim. I am truly blessed to have the people I do in my life. Having good friends that help bring lift you up when you are down and who you can share your deepest thoughts with is vital to having a happy life.
Those people you have chosen also say alot about you as a person and the type of qualities you value. You should be with friends who help you look on the bright side of life and support you with the decisions you make. They should not belittle you or make you feel bad about yourself in anyway. They should standby you through the good and the bad because if they can't accept you at your worst why should they be able to have you at your best? Throughout life you will be faced with many trials and its always helpful to know you don't have to ride the journey of life alone.
As I try and figure out where I am going next in life and what my dreams and aspirations are I am very thankful to have the friends I do and hope everyone who reads this also feels the same way about their friends as well. If not you can always try and branch out to make new friends. Everyone can always use a friend and it really is all about the quality of the friends you have never the quantity. Sometimes all someone needs is to know that they have someone in their life that when they pick up the phone they will listen and not judge them and always try to put a smile on their face. So really try and take the time to thank those who you know you would never be the same without because they have forever had an impact on your life wether they have been around for years or just entered your life recently their influence can last a lifetime.

No comments:

Post a Comment